Return to the main index

The Human Mutilation Factor
                   by Don Ecker

In the last forty years of UFO research, one of the most baffling
questions that have plagued researchers has been "Is the UFO Phenomenon
dangerous to humanity?"  Over the years, there have been numerous cases
where the phenomenon has figured into human deaths, but as a rule, most
cases have been officially ruled accidental.  When speaking of cases
where death has resulted, usually most assume cases where military
pilots have died as a result of "chasing" the phenomenon.  One of the
most famous of these military chases that is discussed when ever the
subject of death and UFOs is raised, is the famous "Mantell Case".  This
case is so well known that I will not discuss it here, but there are
many others.  In one of the less well known cases, during the mid
1950's, a military jet interceptor was observed on radar being
"absorbed" into a UFO over the Great Lakes.  No trace of pilot or
aircraft was ever found.  In another case reported in the excellent work
"Clear Intent" was the case of the "Cuban MIG Incident". In this case a
Cuban MIG was locking on his weapons radar when the aircraft exploded in
mid*air. The wing man was certain that the UFO had fired some type of
weapon, but other than the jet exploding, no other smoke, flame or other
obvious weapon firing was observed.

The matter of either overt or covert hostility on the part of UFOs has
always been treated warily by serious researchers.  On the one hand, if
the enigma is hostile, then several questions must be faced.  What if
anything should the powers in authority tell the public?  Is the
government capable of handling a threat of this type?  Is the public
ready to face an issue as potentially terrifying as a "possible threat
from somewhere else?"  Other than incidents involving military
involvement, have there been cases where civilians have been injured or
killed during some type of UFO encounter?  Is it possible that the
reported cases of UFOs and their occupants abducting unwilling humans
for some type of medical or genetic experimentation could be true?  Now,
if any of this is factual, then what ramifications do the Human Race
face in light of the above?

According to Mr. Phil Imbrogno, during the research that led to the
writing of "NIGHT SIEGE The Hudson Valley UFO Sightings" by Dr. J. Allen
Hynek, Philip Imbrogno, and Bob Pratt, Imbrogno has stated that on
several occasions, Hynek specified that he wanted no mention of the
dozens of human abductions that they had already uncovered at that time,
to be mentioned in the book. Hynek was afraid of the adverse publicity
if word of this aspect leaked out to the public.  After Hyneks death,
Imbrogno stated publicly on Compuserve and other public forums, facts of
abductions, animal mutilations, and EVEN several cases of mysterious
deaths of humans, that he indicated COULD possibly be linked to the UFO

While researching several stories for UFO Magazine, I interviewed a
number of prominent UFOlogists, over the last several months, and in
each case, the question of human deaths, in connection with animal
mutilations, invariably was raised.  Most readers of this text will be
familiar with Mr. John Keel, who many regard as the last of the Great
UFOlogists.  From the earliest days of modern UFOlogy, Keel has been a
force to reckon with.  The author of numerous books that address various
aspects of UFOlogy, and magazine articles too numerous to mention, Keel
has a unique slant on the subject that most will never experience.
According to Keel, the phenomenon has always had an unexplained
hostility towards humans, that have led to untold numbers of deaths.
While Keel will be the first to explain that he rejects the ET
hypothesis, he does not doubt the phenomenon a bit.  In what many
UFOlogists consider as one of Keels best works "The Mothman Prophecies",
E. P. Dutton & Co., Inc. 1975, Keel related report after report of
animal mutilations involving cattle, dogs, horses and sheep, and also
related what were called "vampire killings" of four humans in
Yugoslavia, were the victims were "mutilated and drained of blood".

After having spoken to John Ford, the Chairman of the Long Island UFO
Network, for a news story for UFO Magazine, I became even more convinced
that the aspect of potential UFO hostility should be investigated.  Ford
relayed a numbing number of animal mutilations, human disappearances,
human abductions, covert Federal involvement in areas that suffered high
numbers of animal mutilations, and even armed military helicopters that
chased UFOs over civilian communities.  Ford, who is a officer of the
Federal Court system, did investigations into the disappearances of
mostly young adults over a year period, in areas of high UFO
overflights, and after having several personal friends who were police
officers of the local municipalities look into the situation, came to
the conclusion that the facts were being suppressed.  The reason given
was that there was "no need to panic the public."  Although no iron clad
proof can be made for direct UFO intervention, the circumstances are
extremely suspect.

After growing up in an age where the entire human race can be decimated
by nuclear, biological and chemical weapons, the human race somehow
manages to keep slogging on.  I have seen more people "panicked" over a
shortage of gasoline than imminent nuclear holocaust, yet somehow when
the subject of UFOs crop up, the government doesn't want to panic
anyone.  It really makes me wonder what they know, that I should.  I
really don't think that they are going to talk to anyone soon, as you
shall soon see.

In January, 1989, it came to the attention of the MUFON State Director
of Idaho, Mr. Don Mason, that cattle mutilations had occurred once again
in the southeastern section of Idaho.  After an investigation by a MUFON
investigator, the facts were as follows.  The animals ( two cattle, same
night, but each owned by different ranchers ) were "somehow" killed,
sexual organs removed, body fluids drained, patches of hide "surgically"
removed.  All the appearances of what is today considered to be a
classic case of animal mutilation.  As of this date ( February 15, 1989
) the final lab reports are not back yet, but already the Sheriffs
Department has labeled it a "cult killing."  No tracks, tire or human,
around the animals even though it had just rained, no unusual activity
reported by the ranchers that evening, and one animal was found next to
an occupied house. One of the ranchers admitted that this was the second
time he had been "hit" by the mysterious mutilators.  The last incident
had only been a bit over a year previously, and they were worried enough
that all had their "deer rifle" within easy reach.

John Powell - via ParaNet node 1:104/422
UUCP: !scicom!paranet!User_Name
INTERNET: John.Powell@p0.f816.n107.z1.FIDONET.ORG

From: John.Powell@p0.f816.n107.z1.FIDONET.ORG (John Powell)
Newsgroups: alt.paranet.ufo
Subject: Human Mutilations, 2-1/1
Date: 14 Aug 93 02:57:00 GMT
Sender: ufgate@paranet.FIDONET.ORG (newsout1.26)
Organization: FidoNet node 1:107/816.0 - The Wrong Num, Jersey City NJ

From:   Don Ecker
To:     All
Subj:   Update-Human Mutes
In the new issue of UFO Magazine, I have written an update on the
investigation of what appear to be more mutilations involving humans.

During the November 1989 Omega conference hosted by John White, Whitley
Strieber castigated UFO Magazine for running my story on human
mutilations in Vol. 4 Number 3.  In that news story, I related the
results of an investigation I was conducting on what appeared to be a
series of human deaths that greatly resembled animal mutilations.  Also,
I included a report from Wm. "Bill" Knell of the Long Island Skywatch
organazation.  Knell had been conducting research into an inordinate
number of missing children in the area of Westchester County.  According
to Strieber, he had received "hundreds" of phone calls from concerned
citizens about the story.  ( That in itself is suspect, as anyone knows
who has ever tried to call Strieber.  Strieber has an answering service
or secretary that screens each call, takes a message and then Whitley
decides on whom he will speak with. )  Anyway, I digress. Knell has many
police contacts, and after checking with them, there were no contacts
from Whitley.  ( One could surmise that what really had Whit in a snit
was the way the print media had lambasted his flick, Communion, and his
recent books, such as Majestic. He had just called all journalists -
prostitutes. )

According to Knell and officers from the New York State Police, and the
Connecticut State Police, the reported figures were in no way accurate,
but the weirdest happening was when Knell received an inquiry from an
Asst. Medical Examiner from Westchester County.  The Asst. ME wanted to
know everything Knell could relate on humans that had been mutilated.
When Knell pursued this, it turned out that 3 morgues ( 2 in New York, 1
in Connecticut ) had been "hit" in the middle of the night.  Newly
arrived human cadavers had been mutilated by removal of face, genitals,
eyes, parts from the stomic, rectum, thyroids, etc. The morgues were
immediately investigated by the police, but nothing could be placed on
the employees.  There were reduced staff at that time of night, and the
events occured in different areas.  High strangeness indeed.  According
to the Asst. ME, the incidents were immediately concealed from the media
and public. More than likely the reasons were that there was no
explanation, nor were the incidents going to be solved in the near
future.  As an aside, there were also quite a few animal mutilations
that were occuring in New York and Connecticut, and once again no
solutions were forthcoming for these events.

The Satanic explanation was examined, and according to the reporting
witness, did not hold water.

Any ideas from the membership?  Needless to say, the investigation is

Don Ecker

John Powell - via ParaNet node 1:104/422
UUCP: !scicom!paranet!User_Name
INTERNET: John.Powell@p0.f816.n107.z1.FIDONET.ORG

From: John.Powell@p0.f816.n107.z1.FIDONET.ORG (John Powell)
Newsgroups: alt.paranet.ufo
Subject: Human Mutilations, 1-2/2
Date: 14 Aug 93 02:57:00 GMT
Organization: FidoNet node 1:107/816.0 - The Wrong Num, Jersey City NJ

After having been personally involved in an investigation of cattle
mutilations as a police officer back in 1982, I was very familiar with
the "cult" theory of perpetrators.  The Idaho Department of Law
Enforcement drags it out every time there is a new rash of mutilations.
The problem is, and every one is aware of it, that no one has yet been
brought to trial, or arrested yet for these crimes.  Out here in the
west, people know that you are flirting with a ranchers bullet if you
are caught fooling around with the ranchers cattle.  They are his
livelihood, and he will defend it.  Yet, the mutilations keep occurring,
and no one is any the wiser, or are they?

With the subject of animal mutilations fresh in everyones mind, I was
once again speaking to Don Mason, when he informed me that the
investigator that had been assigned to the above mentioned case had come
across a very mysterious death of a man back in 1979.  According to the
report, two hunters in the Bliss and Jerome area of Idaho had literally
stumbled across the nude body of a man that had been hideously
mutilated.  The body was in the literal middle of nowhere, nude except
for a pair of underpants, his sexual organs had been removed, his lips
sliced off, and several other classic mutilation cuts.  Although he was
in very rugged country, his bare feet were not marked as if he had
walked in that terrain, but yet no other tracks, animal or human were
evident anywhere.  After the police were notified, an intensive search
was mounted, and miles away, the mans possessions were recovered, yet no
one yet knows how the body ended up where it was found, or even more
importantly, what happened to him.  It should be noted that this area
also had over the years, many unexplained UFO reports and cattle

Now I must explain that I had very mixed feelings about whether I wished
to attempt to explore this subject any further, or allow sleeping dogs
to lie.  On the one hand, I wanted more than anything to discover just
what was occurring, and on the other, I realized that this had the
potential to backfire on someone that disturbed the status quo.  I was
familiar with reports of human abductions and mutilations that had
surfaced in the last several years in reports such as the Lear
documents, Grudge 13 reports and others, but yet I was not sure what I
believed, or even if there was anything to believe.  I ran across a
friend that was still employed with a police department in this area who
was a detective.  I had mentioned to him the recent cattle mutilations,
and what I suspected in the above mentioned case of a human that had
been mutilated.  Scot had also been involved in the last several years
with several cases of mutilations that he had been called upon to
investigate, always with negative results.  He was as curious about this
phenomenon as I was, and since he was still an active duty police
officer, he had access to the department computer, to access the NCIC
system that is maintained in Washington D. C. by the FBI.  After giving
Scot the criteria for a search of unexplained human deaths, that
involved factors of mutilation, I asked that the search go back to at
least 1973, involving this area of the Northwest.  Scot ( not his real
name ) ran the request through the department computer.  As he mentioned
at the time, he had expected to get realms of reports back that we would
have to wade through, to get to the reports that would be are further
study.  Scot ended up requesting that the inquiry be run back to 1970,
and involve not only Idaho, but also Utah, Nevada, Oregon, and
Washington states.  Because of the magnitude of this search, Scot stated
that it would take about one week to get the results back into hi
department.  As a side note, for anyone that is not familiar with the
NCIC system, it is a national data bank for Law enforcement agencies all
across the United States.  It is maintained and controlled by the
Federal Burea of Investigation, at FBI headquarters, in Washington D. C.
On the 14th of February, Scot contacted me in person, and appeared very
troubled.  His exact words were that "something is really screwy, Don."
"I got the request back from NCIC on Monday, and there has gotta b
something wrong.  They told me that they had NO unsolved murders at all,
zero, that met that criteria.  THAT ANY FURTHER REQUESTS WILL HAVE TO BE
sitting on something, big as Hell."  I also knew that something was as
screwy as hell.  After all, anybody that has had any dealing with law
enforcement knows about the "Green River Killer" in Washington state.
This serial killer is credited with at least 30 to 40 murders of young
women, and to this date, the case is as big a mystery as ever.  Many of
the killings showed some types of mutilation, and if nothing else, at
least some of these homicides should have shown up.

Once more, as a side note, I had been warned by a prominent UFOlogist
that there was a lid "screwed down tighter than you would believe in
regards to human mutes."  I also was warned that in order to break
through the secrecy, was going to be a long and sometimes weary job, but
that if enough persistence was applied, then it was possible to get to
the bottom of this facet of the UFO enigma.  Do I think that this can be
solved, along with the rest of the puzzle?  Yes, I do, because I think
that the secrecy can only be maintained for so long, and then no longer.
I also believe very strongly that only if the entire UFO community works
in concert will this be accomplished, and the infighting and arguments
MUST CEASE for the good of us all.

On the ParaNet system and on Compuserve, I wrote and uploaded a file
entitled LIGHT.TXT, and in UFO Magazine Vol. 3, No. 5 I called for a UFO
summit to be held in order to get the UFO community organized and to
present a unified front.  Only by a unified front, and calling for
Congressional hearings, will this lid ever get torn off, and the truth
that is suppressed be brought to the light of day.  Any help from the
members will be greatly appreciated, and I can be reached at ParaNet RHO
at the following number: 1)208)338)9187. Also I can be reached on
Compuserve by EMail, and my user number is: 74270,3360.  Anyone with ANY
INFORMATION is requested to contact me at the above addresses as soon as
possible.  The secrecy game has gone on long enough.  It is past time to
get to the bottom of this.  Forty years IS LONG ENOUGH.

Don Ecker

John Powell - via ParaNet node 1:104/422
UUCP: !scicom!paranet!User_Name
INTERNET: John.Powell@p0.f816.n107.z1.FIDONET.ORG

From: John.Powell@p0.f816.n107.z1.FIDONET.ORG (John Powell)
Newsgroups: alt.paranet.ufo
Subject: Human Mutilations, 3-1/4
Message-ID: <5385.2C6D2D10@paranet.FIDONET.ORG>
Date: 14 Aug 93 03:00:00 GMT
Sender: ufgate@paranet.FIDONET.ORG (newsout1.26)
Organization: FidoNet node 1:107/816.0 - The Wrong Num, Jersey City NJ
Lines: 95

          Goverment Coverup of a Classic UFO Case?

           By Philip J. Imbrogno

 What ever UFOs are they do exist and the phenomenon is world wide! Over
the past thirty-five years most un-biased UFO research that has been made
available to the general public has been by civilan organizations and
individual investigators. A question often asked by members of the media to
UFO researchers is"After all these years what have you found out?" The
answer to this question is we found out plenty. We have proven by the great
number of case studies,video tapes, and Goverment documents that UFOs are
real! A recent Gallop pole showed that most Americans believe that UFOs
exist. It has also been shown, due to the great efforts of Citizens Against
UFO Secrecy(CAUS) that when it comes to UFOS, our Goverment knows more than
it's telling.This is apparent in the multitude of documents that CAUS was
able to obtain under the Freedom Of Information Act. Still, quite a few
documents were witheld because of reasons of National Security. 

 During September of 1987,just before the publication of my book NIGHT
SIEGE THE HUDSON VALLEY UFO SIGHTINGS,I received a certified letter from
the Federal Aviation Administration(FAA). The letter stated that I would be
contacted very shorty by an officer of the Airforce in regards to my
investigations into the UFO phenomenon in the Hudson Valley.The letter went
on to say that I would be contacted by a Lt. Col. Bennet whose official
title was the officer in charge to the Airforce's represenative branch to
the Federal Avaiation Administration.    

About one week later I received a call from a Major Andrews of the
Airforce  from Burlington Mass. He told me that the Airforce was well aware
of the sightings in the Hudson Valley and that they have been collecting
reports over the past ten years. He said that there was no official
investigation into the sightings,but still they do check out reports of
unkown aircraft reported by the FAA. I talked with Major Andrews for over
forty minutes and the main concern of the Airforce seemed to be that the
publication of NIGHT SIEGE might cause a UFO panic in the Hudson Valley and
nearby area.Major Andrews informed me that there were secret military
flights over the area,the purpose of these missions he did not know.He then
agreed to send me information that he had in his files about UFO reports in
the area. He then asked if I would keep him updated on the locations of new
sightings.His interest, he said was just personal. This seemed a little
strange to me,since when does the Airforce call a UFO investigator
regarding a UFO case.I believe that I was one of the first civilians in a
very long time that was contacted by the Airforce via telephone in the past
twenty years. This must mean that what ever the Hudson Valley UFO was,the
Airforce was very interested in it. 

 About five days later I received the packet of UFO material from Major
Andrews. In it were some documents from local bases and the FAA regarding
UFO sightings. There were also quite a few letters sent to the FAA and the
Airforce from residents in the New York, Connecticut and Massachussetts
area who have had UFO sightings. The oldest of these reports dated back to
1972. What was puzzling was the fact that some of the letters were
addressed to local newspapers,several of the national tabloids and a well
known author on the UFO phenomena,but how did they get into the hands of
the Airforce? I contacted this well known author who informed me that he
never got the letter. 

 There was one curious memo dated August of 1983 from the FAA at Kennedy
Airport asking where they should send a UFO report. The bottom of the memo
indicated that the report was sent to the Department of the Airforce in
Washington D.C.I called them and was told that reports of "UNKOWNS" are
channeled to other"concerned agencies" and that procedure is protected
under National Security. Then the woman who I was talking to after taking
my name and address politely hung up on me. 

Was there a connection between our Goverment and the UFO sightings in the
New York area? If so what was the connection? Was there an experimental
craft belonging to the Airforce being tested in the area,or was the UFO
that has been now spotted over most of New England the product of an alien
intelligence? I was not sure,but it was quite clear there was some type of
Goverment involvement. This was to be more evident as the months went on. 

 There have been literly thousands of UFO sightings in the Northeast since
1982.The center of concentration of the sightings seems to be around the
Hudson Valley of New York. Here my research team and I centered our
investigation.We have been researching these sightings since 1982 and by
1987 we had hundreds of reports entered on our computer's floppy disks.We
found out that the majority of reports took place on a Tuesday, Thursday
and Saturday night from 8-11 PM. The center of activity within the high
concentration of reports in the Hudson Valley was around the Kent New York
area. Interesting enough,highway I-84 was right in the middle of this area.
This information was made avaialble by use of the computer, without it,this
would have taken months to fiqure out. 

 For the past several years the UFO sightings seemed to have taken
somewhat of a pattern. On certain days of the month it would appear in an
area at a certain time,then disappear in another location. We thought we
did indeed spot some type of pattern and with the help of our computer
predicted the next sighting date to be on October 29 1987 at about 8:20 Pm
around the Kent-Brewster New York area. This information was obtained on
October 15th,plently of time to prepare and check our data. 

 We prepared four cars,all equiped with CB radios and decided to use
highway I-84 as the center of our operations. We also had one car with a
police scanner so that we can listen in to police in the area.In the past
local and State police were the first to get reports of the UFO.  

 We then started driving on Highway I-84 West bound at about 8:10 pm. Each
car was spaced about two miles apart. I was in the second car and at 8:20
PM I lost communication with our lead car. As I approached a rest stop just
before the Taconic Parkway turn off I saw our lead car pulled over to the
side of the road. The driver was Chris Clark and he was already out of the
car looking at a group of lights in the northern section of the sky. I
stopped the car and got on my radio to inform the others "That we had
something strange here" I then instructed the other cars to pull off to the
side of the road since the lights seemed as if they were going to head
east,in their direction.  

 I then got out of the car and saw a formation of about eight yellowish
white lights,very bright heading straight for our location. Chris said that
he had been observing them for five minutes and they did a kind of "dance"
in the sky before they took on the present shape.The lights appeared now
like a straight line,Much brighter than the landing lights of a plane. They
were about forty degrees above the horizon and moving very slow in our

 As we watched the lights we heard no sound at all.It was then I realized
that this was the Hudson Valley UFO, the one I had been tracking for the
past five years. The lights continued to approach,then they moved
sideways,then began heading east. At no time did I see a physical structure
connecting the lights,but they moved so smoothly and in such perfect order
that I could not imagine them being separate objects. At this point I could
see the back of it and it appeared to be in a boomerang shape.,I then saw
about eighteen other lights of various colors, The purest reds, Greens and
ambers that I ever saw. The back seemed to be made up of red lights
only,while the middle had red lights,green and amber and blue. The front
was composed of these very bright yellowish-white lights. 

 I then called on the radio to Fred Dennis who was about two miles east of
my position on I-84. There was also another car between Fred and myself. I
Said"Fred, Its heading in your direction" At that time I lost the object
over a hill. Fred then got out of the car with his binoculars looking all
around for something. He said to himself" What are they seeing,there's
nothing here" He radioed back to inform us that he saw nothing in the sky.
Then his voice went silent. About forty seconds later Fred got back on the
radio and yelled," I SEE IT, IT's HUGE". It seems as Fred was scanning the
skies the UFO came out from behind a hill that was blocking the North west.
Fred then observed it with his binoculars. The object was so huge,he said
that it spilled out of the field of view. This would make it an enormous
object since the field of view with those binoculars is  500 feet at a
thousand yards. 

 The object was observed by every member of our team. One of our
researchers also had it in binoculars as it passed right over his car. He
reported a series of multicolored lights attached to some type of dark grey
structure. The object was so colorful against the clear night sky that it
looked like a Christmas Tree. 

 The UFO continued to head toward the east,to Danbury Connecticut. We were
still all heading West,so we had to get off the exit and get back on the
other side of I-84 and head east. We did this and started heading east. The
time was now 8:55 pm. We drove for about five minutes and then saw the
object again,this time it was going west! We stopped our cars and watched
it drift slowly ,just above the hills at an estimated distance of three
miles from the highway. We watched it for about five more minutes. We saw a
multitude of red lights which made up the back of the object. As we watched
it all the lights went out and the UFO simply vanished before our eyes. 

 We were all quite excited by what we saw. At the time of the sighting
there were also other cars pulling over to the shoulder of the highway also
observing the object. We could also hear the Truck drivers talking about it
over the CB radio.We learned later that the object was seen in the Danbury
Connecticut area nd hovered above a main road for several minutes. Most of
the people who saw it in Danbury indicate it was at least the size of a 747
and was no more than 1,000 feet in the air. One couple in Danbury
Connecticut reported that as it hovered above their car,the UFO began to
descend, this really upset them. As they watched it,the UFO  then slowly
gained altitude then it moved away to the west.A for our team we did have a
video camera and still cameras,but were disappointed the way the pictures
came out. 

It is not common for UFO investigators to see the UFO that they are
researching. With all the sightings in the Hudson Valley and the entire
northeast it was only a matter of time before we got a real good look at
the UFO,and we did! We had thought we had found a real pattern to the
appearance of the Hudson Valley UFO,but when we tried to predict later
sightings we saw nothing. Therefore we must assume that our sighting was a
coincidence and if there was a real pattern to the UFO we had not yet found

 In the days to follow we received dozens of letters and many phone calls
from people in the area who also saw it that same night.We got one report
that was to provide a lead to a possible coverup of the UFO sightings. This
report indicated that after the UFO disappeared about twenty minutes later
a formation of planes was seen tracing the exact same route that the UFO

 Make no mistake about it,there is a real unkown object in New York's
Hudson Valley. Since the publication of NIGHT SIEGE there has been a
regular appearance of a formation of planes over New York and Connecticut.
Members of our research team have spotted them on numerous occasions. These
planes were also observed in binoculars by several independent witnesses.
We had these people draw the outline of the shapes of the planes that they
saw. The drawings were all very similar,so we sent them to two pilots that
we know. One is a ex-military pilot,the other a ex-commercial pilot who
used to fly missions for the CIA.All of our aircraft experts and our two
pilots agree that the desgin was that of an O-2 type aircraft. The O-2 is a
medium duty aircraft with a single engine. It is made by Cessna Aircraft.
It is capable of long range and is used by the CIA for surveillance
missions. It has a very quiet "souped up" engine and the newer models have
on board flight computers in them for greater stability in the air.We have
reports that as many as eight planes were seen flying together in a tight
formation with the winds gusting up to twenty-five miles an hour! 

 They seem to be trying to fake a UFO and many people feel that it is an
attempt to discredit the sightings and to try to convince everyone that all
they saw was a bunch of planes. These planes have been seen only on a
Thursday night,the official night the Airforce flies night manuvers. They
have been seen all over Southern New York and most of Connecticut. 

 They fly for about two hours and then they land,but where? They have been
seen circling Stormville Airport in Stormville, New York giving the
impression that they are going to land there. They then break formation and
head West(One plane has been reported landing at Stormville then taking off
again). On more than one occasion they have been tracked to Stewart
International airport(an old airforce SAC base) in Newburgh New York.
Stewart is located West of the Hudson River not far from I-84. The base is
official operated by the Air National Guard and the Marine Corps. The
planes then land,one at a time over a period of one hour,but not on the
main part of the base. They seem to lad on a isolated section of Stewart
which is a very large airport. 

 Our resaerch team visted Steward airport and found an isolated fenced off
large airfield away from the main landing area marked "RESTRICTED" The
Restricted area had a well kept flight line and grounds. On the grounds
were several buildings which looked like hangers large enough to harbor
several planes of medium size. For the several hours that we were there we
saw no activity at all.  

 We filed a Freedom Of Information Act request(FOIA) with the CIA to find
out if the CIA was in fact using this area for some type of operation using
small aircraft.We received an answer several weeks later from the CIA. In a
lenthly double talking letter the CIA denied our request for information
about their activities at Stewart. The reason they gave was National
Security. This denial in our eyes is an admission that the planes do in
fact belong to the CIA. It is also apparent that the pilots who fly these
planes are expert military type pilots with years of experience in
formation flying. 

 What was going on in this restricted area? I was contacted by a member of
the local Newburgh New York media. This person told me that about six
months before our visit to Stewart he found the restricted area on the
base,became curious and started to walk toward the inside perimeter. Out of
no where a jeep came screaming to a halt and three military
police(Airforce) got out of the jeep and took him by force to a building
just inside the gate. He was placed in a room that was dimly lite with just
a table and chair. After about fifteen minutes two men entered the room
dresssed in dark suits and began to question him. They had a computer print
out in their hands and it had his name on it. He told me that they knew
everything about him.  

 After about one hour of questions,they then called his supervisor at his
Job to pick him up. They then placed him in a jeep and took him to the
public area of Stewart Airfield. This member of the media is a newsperson
in the Newburgh area and does not want his name used at all in regards to
the experience he had at the restricted area at Stewart. He is still
fearful that who ever they were that questioned him might be keeping an eye
on him. He told me that he felt they were with the CIA and they meant

During our investigation concerning this restricted area at Stewart we
found out that the base now harbors several C-5A's the largest transport
jet that our Airforce has. We also found out from personnel at the base
that these C-5A's landed on the restricted airfield several years ago and
cargo was unloaded. We also found out through a document search that the
Ait National Guard is no longer officialy running the un-restricted area of
the base. It is now under the command of the Navy and the Marines are
running it and have been since 1973! This was strange since when we visted
Stewart we saw Airforce personnel there and even had a talk with a Master

 We also found out that the Department of Agriculture was also using a
section of the restricted area. After a great deal of getting the run
around we found out that they are using the area for a holding place for
animals. We found out that a great deal of cattle and other animals were
flown in to this area. We are still waiting for documents from the USDA
explaining where the animals are coming from,why cattle and where are they
going from there. Of course when we found out that cattle were being flown
into this area the thought of cattle mutilations crossed our minds. What
was the strange conection with the mutilations and the UFOS. What was the
connection between the restricted area at Stewart, the CIA, the mystery
planes and the USDA and the cattle. 

 North Putnam County and parts of Westchester county are the site of many
old abandoned iron ore mines. Most of the mines have been closed down with
the openings sealed.Many of these openings are located in miles of thick
woods overgrown with brush, almost impossible to find. I received a phone
call from a well known UFO investigator who suggested that these old mines
might be the location of an alien base and that the CIA as well as other
agencies were operating out of Stewart to keep "an eye" on their
operations. I don't know about this theory,but can only relate the facts.
There are and have been thousands of UFO reports in the Hudson Valley and
Connecticut since 1982. Aircraft have been seen on a regular basis since
the publication of NIGHT SIEGE. These Air craft are without a doubt trying
to discredit the sightings. These aircraft have been tracked to Stewart
Airfield where they land in a restricted area. These aircraft are of the
O-2 type used by the CIA. The CIA will not provide any information about
their activities at Stewart because of reasons of National Security. 

 In September of 1988 I did a number of TV shows ,newspaper and radio
interviews I talked about the possibility that the CIA was trying to
coverup the UFO sightings by flying special aircraft with non-regulation
lighting. In the days to follow the mystery aircraft were no longer
reported in the skies over the Hudson Valley and have not been seen since.
Our investigation still continues. 

To contact the author please write to PO Box 4218 Greenwich Connecticut

John Powell - via ParaNet node 1:104/422
UUCP: !scicom!paranet!User_Name
INTERNET: John.Powell@p0.f816.n107.z1.FIDONET.ORG

Return to the main index